Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Canis lupus

I started my job yesterday. It seems like a good deal, if nothing else, ripe with great photo opportunities.

On my way home, I saw a wolf.
Yes.
A real, live Grey Wolf.
(I've only seen the stuffed one on display at NMU's New Science building.)

I thought it might be a husky, and then I was like "nooooo... huskies aren't that big."
Too bad I didn't get a photo of this to share with you all.
According to my landlord, the beta males will occasionally come down to the road to eat carrion. Many people can live up here for years and never see one.

I guess I am lucky?

Recent Playlist:
-Leo Kottke, "My Father's Face", "Dreams and All That Stuff"
-Leo Kottke and Mike Gordon, "Clone"
-Sea and Cake, "Everybody"
-Wilco, "Yankee, Hotel, Foxtrot"
-Matt Sia, "Insomnia"
-Pandora Radio's Sufjan Stevens channel (currently streaming Pinback's "How We Breathe")

No comments:

Post a Comment