So, this is the premiere post, the alpha, the beginning to mark new beginnings.
My spouse and I moved to the Arrowhead of Minnesota on the 25th of March. We rolled-more galumphed- into town around 10 pm. When dawn broke, this is what we saw.
This blog will contain many photos from our adventures up here in the North Country, along with stories of the adventures and references to the music that influences these moments.
This is out by Grand Portage, MN.
The view from 5th Ave.West.
Downtown Grand Marais.
Artist Point
The harbor with the Sawtooth "range" in the background. (Note: after living in the heart of the northern Rocky Mountains, these mountains seem... not mountain-esque. Hence the quotation marks.)
The breakwall
Lake Superior
Artist Point
In Sepia
Sunset
So far, I feel that the town is a nice place. The locals are sweet, especially when you let them know that you're not a transient visitor, but a new resident. As with anywhere, community is hard to come by at first. I'm certain that with work and, it will happen. In the meantime, I'll enjoy a good cup of coffee and a great view of the Lake.
Until next time...
You are my new source for desktop backgrounds. It's so nice to close the internet and see Lake Superior!
ReplyDelete