Wednesday, March 27, 2013

sorry about the hiatus

Seriously.
I'm so very sorry.
Life got CRAZY busy in 2012. (I'm not saying it's not busy this year, but a lot happened last year.)

Needless to say, a whole year has come and gone... almost 2! good gravy! Minnesota has been very good to us. I've had the chance to get involved with opportunities I wouldn't have in a larger area: our local community radio station, community theater, other really unique opportunities as well. We have recently (2 days ago, in fact) celebrated 2 years of life on this great North shore. The area is still as beautiful to me, if not more beautiful. I have a ton of photos that I need to share with you all, but I'm going to have to backlog. Until then, I give you fall 2012 until March 2013. Enjoy!

 Hunting season.

 Fall colors!

 Lake Superior is always a lovely thing.

 Again.

 We carved a pumpkin.

 You know you live in the Northwoods when....

 Dang deer...

 We went to Split Rock Lighthouse for the Edmund Fitzgerald memorial in November.

 See?

 Night shot.

 They lit it up!

 In sepia.

Betula.

 Billy Mills came to visit the local schools! It's not every day when you get to meet an Olympic legend!

I even got to put lights on the house!!

Snowy hike!

 The greatest lake of all...

 Science!!!
(Too bad the kids I work with weren't nearly as excited as I was!)

 Osprey

Barred Owl

 Red Tailed Hawk

 Kadunce River hike

 The trail

 Things to do when it's 20 above zero!
(versus 20 below, like the next day was...)

 Lake Agnes

 Ibid

View from Hunter's Rock
 Devil's Track River

 More falls

 Hoar frost

 Falls from a distance

 I thought this one was rotated... oh well! A very tall waterfall!

 Ice formations

 Ice cave

 The falls that we couldn't scale without climbing gear.

 The canyon

 Close up of the falls

 ibid

 Hoar frost on the falls

 There's been a Great Grey Owl hanging out by the highway.

 I get to see this beautiful animal every so often on my drive to or from work from time to time.

 I LOVE owls!

 They are so beautiful.

 See?

This winter, however, has had a lack of skiing for myself. The husband, on the other hand, has had the chance. I am jealous. Very much so.


Well, I guess that's about it for now. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment